Skip to main content

Encouragement - Thank you!

To those of you who read this blog, thank you for your sweet words of inspiration and encouragement after my post yesterday. You may never know how much they mean to me. I guess as the nurse/mom/wife/firstborn/type A personality, I always try to be strong and keep it together. Several of you mentioned to me that what I am feeling is ok. I really needed to hear that. I think just hearing that it's ok that I am angry or depressed or sad sometimes helped push me to the next place - which just may be acceptance again.

I am reading a very old book by Max Lucado called "When God Whispers Your Name". I got home from working last night around 11:30 and couldn't put it down. I guess I finally settled into bed around 4am this morning! I've had that book for at least 10 years but have never read it. Yesterday I was just kind of drawn to it. That book and your sweet words and constant dialogue with the Lord are lifting me up. I am so thankful that God hangs in there with me when I am barely hanging on! I am thankful for each one of you!

On another note, our pastor shared a very inspiring message on Sunday. God so uses that man! I am thankful for him and for his dedication and for our new church and church family. We are still finding our place there and meeting folks, but God is so very present there and He is so working in my family's life right now. At the end of the sermon on Sunday, people were cheering and chanting just like at a ballgame. Except they were chanting "Jesus"! "Jesus"! I could hardly join in because I was so overcome I could barely stand. I think it was when the pastor said that when the diagnosis comes God reminds us that He is bigger than that and He has already defeated that. I immediately thought of the diabetes. Only God is bigger than that and all the other things each of us must face or struggle with - for we all have our struggles.

So, I included the sermon here. I hope and pray that it blesses you as it blessed me.



~Paige

Comments