Skip to main content

Reasons we love the Jonas Brothers



1. They are Christians who understand what it means to be in the world but not of the world. God has not called us to hole ourselves up in a room with only other believers only listening to only Christian music and only wearing Christian t-shirts. Hey, nothing is wrong with doing those things, but we must be out in the world among the beautiful, dirty, needy, hurting,unique, precious people God created. We are just like them. The only thing that separates "us" from "them" is the blood of Jesus and He gave that freely for everyone! (So, let's go tell "them" about it)!!

2. They are awesome role models for my son. I am a sucker and even have a Jonas Brothers ring tone on my phone. Yes, I am a grown up, but I am a mom and sometimes that cancels out the grown-up part.

3.Almost all of their songs lend themselves well to air guitar. We do a lot of that around this house. I look pretty dorky doing it, but the boy looks pretty cool. In fact at the dentist yesterday he was listening to his favorite band on my iPod when I had to go get some x-rays. We all left the room and he started singing in rock star fashion. He couldn't hear anything because he had the ear buds in and therefore didn't realize that he was putting on a concert for the whole office. Too funny!

4. They play their own instruments. This is a huge thing for the hubbs who is a musician himself. Apparently there is some kind of code of honor among musicians about those who can play their own instruments. I am not privy to this code of honor since I am just a singer. Like we don't understand how hard it is to sing and play at the same time. The hubbs says it's not as easy as it looks.

5. Their lyrics are actually well thought out and sometimes quite deep and thought provoking. And they are still so young! They write most of their own songs which is an art in and of itself. I posted a video at the beginning of this post and the lyrics of that song are fabulous!

So the hubbs and I are on a quest to get to a concert and would love to hook the boy up with his hero (besides his daddy), Nick (who has diabetes just like the boy!). We have Jonas Brothers fever in the Barnes house these days!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You know, this is one of the artists that I distribute. I sorta dismissed them as teeny-boppers and have ignored them like I do a lot of the music that comes across my desk. But you keep saying such good things about them... I guess I should actually listen to the album that I've got just sitting on my shelf...