My iPod and Me
I love my iPod. Those of you who know me well know that I am a singer and most of my life has revolved around that. Music moves me and I love it. If I had to be stranded on a desert island and could only bring one thing (besides my family) it would definitely be my iPod.
So I love how they do the celebrity play lists on iTunes. I am by no means a celebrity or anything close (although my mom told me just a couple of years ago that I still had star potential - thanks mom!), but I thought it would be fun to see what my most played songs are on my play list and share them with you. Here goes (in order of most played):
1. "Like We Never Loved at All" by Faith Hill and Tim McGraw - I like songs that slowly creep into my soul and bring on the strong emotions. This song definitely does that for me.
2. "I know You Won't" - another one of those deep emotion songs. Plus, I love to sing this one. I love Carrie Underwood. She has talent, class, and reminds me of myself in a lot of ways.
3. "Wake Up Alone" by Amy Winehouse. I read someone say once about her that she had the soul of an old woman. This song is so deep and raw and authentic.
4. "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room" - I love anything by John Mayer. He is the essence of my generation. His songs are real life. This song is reality for so many people.
5. "Songbird" by Eva Cassidy - I was introduced to Eva Cassidy by an old friend from school who is a Jazz Musician in NYC. She has the most real, raw, true talent in a singing voice I have ever heard. She has the kind of voice I would want to sing me to sleep at night - and I'm an adult!! Eva was never rich and never had much but her singing voice. She died of cancer at an early age and the world lost a tremendous talent. If you've never heard her, you MUST check her out.
6. "Tim McGraw" by Taylor Swift - ok so I'm a Taylor Swift fan, too. This song is just cute and takes me back to my young, foolish, and innocent high school days.
7. "Burn Us Up" by Shane and Shane - the most powerful song I've ever heard. It's the story of Shadrach, Meshech, and Abednigo from the Bible and how they stood up for their faith. This song is my life motto.
8."No Air" by Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown - just like to sing to this song...and dance around a little while singing it.
9."Burnin' Up" by the Jonas Brothers - my 6 year old son adores the Jonas Brothers. They are great role models for our kids today and we love their music. Usually some air guitar is involved when listening to them.
10. "Tennessee Waltz" by Eva Cassidy. I only have two things to say about this song - I will always be a Tennessee girl and it's Eva Cassidy.
11. "Somewhere in the Middle" by Casting Crowns - this song is the epitome of my spiritual life at times - treading water somewhere in the middle - trying to swim to the shore of freedom but somehow still managing to get swept up in the current that leads out to the deep waters of fear and bondage.
Enjoy my "celebrity" play list!