Skip to main content

Don't mess with my boys...


(If you know me personally, then this post may be a side of me you don't see often unless you are my husband. If you only know me through the blog world, then know that it usually takes something really big or really stupid to get me riled up. Just ask the hubbs - I don't dare listen to talk radio).

I am furious. First of all let me say that I did not watch the MTV VMA awards. I don't watch crap like that. Well, let's be honest. It's mostly crap. Who in the world is what's his name - the so-called host anyway?

What in the world did the Jonas Brothers do to you? I mean, come on. Pick on someone your own age - from your own country. Bear with me friends....the claws are coming out.

I know that it is socially acceptable to be perverted. It's socially acceptable to be a sex-crazed person and dress like you work at a strip club. I know that it is socially acceptable to be an idiot.

I also know that it is a free country.

People have the right to express themselves in all manner of perverse and immoral ways, and they also have the freedom to express themselves in pure and moral and godly ways.

The Jonas Brothers are some of the best role models our kids have had in a long time. In fact, in a lot of ways, it's sad that it's mostly younger kids like my son who are idolizing them because our teens are idolizing celebrities who have no trouble expressing their "adultness".

Yes, I am a Christian. Yes, this probably makes me partial or biased or whatever. Well, I don't really care. I think it's a SHAME that a grown man who nobody seems to know found it OK to pick on a group of young men who've never done anything to anybody because they are standing up for what they believe in. Isn't that what our country was founded on? Think of all the brave and honorable men and women who've given their lives so people can parade around in the great USA being idiots.

To the Jonas Brothers- you are my heroes! God is blessing you and your family. Your parents have obviously done a great job. Keep doing what God has given you the gifts and talents to do and keep honoring Him in all that you do.

To those who think there is something "wrong" with the Jonas Brothers. My heart breaks for you. Life is only really good when God is in it and at the center. If you don't believe that, then talk to anybody who has really screwed up (like myself) and been in a pit and is now standing, bruised and scared, but standing and standing strong. We will tell you that you can be in this world but not be of this world. We will tell you that it is only with God's help. And we will tell you that if we can do it so can anybody.

I am so proud that God has put refreshing examples in the world like the Jonas Brothers. In fact, I think I ( a grown woman) will go change the ring tone on my phone to "Burnin' Up"!

Comments

Shirley said…
You go, girl! I wouldn't watch the MVA either - you are right, it is crap! Sad to see that decency and innocence is made fun of and vulgarity and sinfulness are glorified.
Shirley