Skip to main content

So what's the deal with G.L.O.W.?

Good morning dear friends. I am just getting this blog thing going, so thank you for bearing with me as I begin to get things posted on here more frequently. My sweet hubby was asking me about G.L.O.W. the other day. I said, "It means Girls Living on the Word of God". He responded in his typical fashion, "wouldn't that make it G.L.O.W.O.G? I then had to explain to him what the GLOW means, to which he looked at me with that look he gets when I am being all girly and talking about shoes, make-up, or Beth Moore. (He is the greatest and I do love him)!
So, I ask you how much time you are spending in God's Word? I am in the ministry and also taking some religion classes at a local college here, so at any given time I am reading the Bible to prepare a lesson or for a class. That is all well and good, but what am I allowing God to speak to me through that reading? I read it so much to then take what I've read and pour it out for others. While I would rather be busy for the Lord than relaxed without Him, I know that I need time in the Word to hear what God would say to just me.
When God's Word begins to fall on us afresh and fill us up, then I believe we will have a certain glow about us. Much like the glow that a bride has as she is walking down the aisle. Because we know that God is for us. We know that he is our knight-in-shinning-armor, our kinsman redeemer, our friend, and our Savior. I remember my mother-in-love (mother-in-law whom I love like a mom) saying that when I was walking down the aisle to be married to her only son, that she was looking at him. While everyone else's eyes were on me, the bride, she was looking at him watch me walk down the aisle. That made such an impact on me. I'm sure I had that glow as I walked toward my hero on earth and my husband to be, but she watched that glow on his face. Both of us still have that glow when we look at each other and we just celebrated 7 glorious and blessed years of marriage this week.
I say all of that to say that Christ looks at us much like Cole looked at me as I was walking down the aisle toward him. Jesus is proud of us and to Him we are beautiful and pure and right. When we drown ourselves in His love and His precious word, we too will have that bride-like glow.

So are you glowing today?

In the precious name of Jesus,
~Paige

Comments