Skip to main content

The calm in the storm



The wonders of creation never cease to amaze me. Last night we had a rough night in the weather department. It thundered and rained like the flood was coming and there was lightening. This is always an interesting experience for us since we have about 50 pine trees in our yard. No joke - we counted them one day.

So the rain and wind were pounding and then Big Red had a nightmare and slept the rest of the night with us. Then the electricity went out right as we were getting ready. So we were a bit frazzled this morning to say the least.

However in the midst of all of this craziness, the brown dove that just build a nest right outside our bathroom was still there this morning. There she was, sitting on her nest, so still and calm. So while everyone else in town was running around crazy without power (or Internet, but that's another story), there she sat knowing she was taken care of by her Creator.

So later in the day, my 6-year old taught me how to program the VCR. I am still amazed and somewhat in awe of my son. He takes after his intelligent father, that's for sure. It was probably the amazement that caused me to twist my ankle as I was making our lunch and therefore limp the rest of the day. Also, tonight our son prayed for a brother and a sister. I told the hubbs that maybe we could compromise and give him just one or the other, but I don't think I convinced him!

But tomorrow I go away for a 2 day retreat to a monastery that is close by. I will be still and spend some much needed time with my Heavenly Father. I am already glowing!

God has been getting me ready for this time with him by giving me two amazing personal studies to do. I highly recommend them.

Well, I will update you all as to how my time at the monastery went. By the way, my precious son has asked me to take a picture of some nuns or monks so we will see how that goes.

All for Jesus,
Paige

Comments